Welcome to sundayjenyo's blog. The Platform for Leadership, Transformation and Growth.

Monday 8 May 2017

Make Others Feel Good


In the course of the week, I celebrated my birthday and a lot of people sent me birthday wishes on social media which made me happy that people can spare time from their busy schedule to celebrate me. One of the messages made me feel more special, proud and fulfilled; Not because it was longer than what the others have sent or more flowery but because it complimented me for one good thing I had done to her which was special to her life. Someone will say what I am driving at?


When you make contact with people, instead of focusing on yourself, search for ways to make them feel good. Every day you meet people in our daily walk; how do they feel after they leave you? Do they feel better or worse? Do they feel encouraged or discouraged? Do they feel more confident or lose their self esteem?
Everyday before you meet people, think about something encouraging that you will can tell them. Someone is already saying what can I tell them? I also need someone to say encouraging words to me. You can praise them for a personal quality they exhibit, you might thank them for something they have done for you, a friend or a family member, you might tell others about one of their accomplishments or you might simply compliment their appearance.

The practice isn’t complicated, but it does take some time, intentional effort and discipline. The reward is good and it does make a positive impact on people and you. What you do to others comes back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment